Thursday, February 9, 2012
Pork Spring Rolls is a delight to anyone who eats it and to those who cook it. It's a delicious treat plus it's easy to prepare. If you want to have a Chinese dish for appetizer or just for a snack, here's my simple yet delectable recipe that you will surely enjoy . With Filipino touch of course! Happy eating!
Macqui816's Awesome Pork Spring Rolls
1 lb ground pork
4 medium sized carrots diced
200 grams celery ( use the leaves and 1/2 of the stalk
2 medium onions finely chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 pack spring roll wrapper ( appox. 10-15 sheets)
3 cups oil for frying
1 egg beaten
salt and pepper
How to cook:
1. Saute' onions and garlic in a pan with little oil. Keep stirring for 5 minutes or until the onions and garlic are translucent.
2. Add ground pork and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the celery and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Put salt and pepper according to taste. Make sure that the ground pork is already cooked before you set it aside. Let it cool.
5. If using a frozen spring roll wrapper, thaw it according to package direction.
6. Put the spring roll wrapper in a large plate. 1 sheet at a time.
7. Scoop 2 tbsp. of the ground pork mixture and put it in the center of the wrapper.
8. Spread it horizontally all through the edge of the wrapper.
9. Wet the edge of the wrapper with egg, this will help the edge of the wrapper to stick to it's body so it will not open up before and frying.
10. Wrap all the remaining ground pork mixture and set aside.
11. Heat the pan with oil. When it's hot enough, put the pork spring rolls one by one and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Serve with soy sauce with sugar or ketchup.